The Heritage Hub:
Scottish Borders Archive and Local History Centre
Visit us to find out about Borders family history, communities, industries and people. Discover how the Scottish Borders has evolved and developed through the centuries in our state of the art archive facility.
750 years of history
The collections at the Heritage Hub include material relating to:
- Families and local communities
- Census, births, marriages and deaths
- Land ownership from the 16th Century
- Local business records including textile, fishing and farming industries
- Government, law and order, and schools
- Famous Borderers, such as Sir Walter Scott, Mungo Park and James Hogg.
You can trace your family tree or discover the history of your house. Archives can help with school, college or university work and with legal matters. Whether your interest is music, green issues or the technical workings of a mill, there will be archives here for you.
Access to some of our materials requires advance booking, via the contact details below (online enquires form coming soon...)
So come and discover the Borders of the past at the Heritage Hub, where we have all you need to help with your research!