At Borders Textile Towerhouse, you can explore a unique range of artefacts and archives from the Borders textile industry.
Our collections include:
- vintage and contemporary fashions from leading textile designers
- mill machinery and intriguing objects from workers’ daily lives
- photo, film and audio galleries covering over a century of textile tradition
- fabric and design samples from some of Scotland's best-known brands
- paintings and watercolours by renowned Borders artist Tom Scott
Click on the pictures for a taste of our exciting collections!
If you have a special interest or inquiry, please get in touch - we’re happy to help!
We can also put you in touch with other museums and resources, such as the textile archives at the nearby Heritage Hub, which include the Peter Scott archive. And if you have any photos or objects from Borders mill life to contribute to our growing archive, we’d love to hear from you.
We also offer group or school visits and workshops – take a look at our Education page for details.